Friday, January 5, 2018

An apostate's view of Israel

     All too often when discussing Israel with people online, I hear people say that we have to stand with Israel or face God's wrath.
     My main problem with America's manufactured ally in the middle east is that they are an apartheid state that treats Palestinians like second class citizens.
     But additionally, I have a lot of problems with basing a political or world view around subjective religious beliefs.

     I see a sick irony in seeing the "Jewish state of Israel" claiming to be "God's people", using that claim to illegally occupy land, and treating others as second-class citizens by violating their human rights. Maybe they should talk to their elders about what happened a generation or two ago.
     I guess it's like they say: some people who have been abused end up giving in and emulating their abusers.

     I know I'm dipping into geek talk, but when I see a good analogy is due, I will point it out. Besides, good science fiction is just reality wearing a mask. America's aid in the establishment and involvement in the modern state of Israel reminds me of the Star Trek: TNG episode "The Devil's Due."
     In this episode, an alien species called the Ventaxians was experiencing unrest a millennium before. Suddenly, a figure named Ardra appears and creates a contract. The contract states that she would bring them peace for 1000 years, and when she returns heralded by earthquakes, the world would be hers to enslave.
     Cue the Enterprise. They come to the rescue when Ventax was undergoing seismic activity, which led to mass panic and a revival of the story of Ardra. This alien woman appears and causes these seemingly miraculous things to happen- earthquakes on demand and such. The Ventaxians were ready to surrender.
     It turned out that Ardra was just an alien who used the Myth of Ardra, along with advanced technology hidden aboard her cloaked ship.
     "Devil's Due" and the creation of Israel have a central theme in common. Someone artificially creates the conditions of an End Times prophecy to gain political power, because those who believe in the prophecy turn a blind eye and support those who perpetrate the facade.

     While I'm just a deist, no longer a Christian or Muslim, I still have the ability to look at Israel through other religious outlooks. With that in mind, I would have to say that the Abrahamic God would see the modern state of Israel's claim as false prophecy or even blasphemy.
     Muslims are against the modern state of Israel because they believe no one is God's special, chosen people.
     Many Jews are against Israel because, as many would tell you, "Zionism is not Judaism." I've seen them marching in New York, stating that "America is our home."
     Christians who believe in the Israel prophecy should be advised against blindingly following this charade that mocks their beliefs, claiming to stand with Israel because it is what God wants; they should question whether or not the modern state of Israel - a secular democracy - is really the Biblically prophesied Israel - forseen as a theocratic monarchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment