"You tell your kids don't be a bully, you tell your kids don't be a bigot, you tell your kids do your homework and be prepared, and then you have this outcome. You have people putting children to bed tonight and they are afraid of breakfast. They're afraid of 'How do I explain this to my children?'... This was a whitelash against a changing country. It was whitelash against a black president in part. And that's the part where the pain comes."
Trump isn't qualified to be president. I know people on the Right have said that so many times about President Obama. But I'm calling Trump out for being unqualified because he's racist, he's sexist, he's not a friend to the LGBT community. He's not a leader, but rather a divider. He's a combination of Zapp Brannigan ('Futurama') and BP Richfield ('Dinosaurs').
The only reason the Right called Obama unqualified was because he's black; they try to deny their racism, but it's there. "The zoo has an African lion; the White House has a lyin' African" one Tea Party sign read. "Let's make the White House white again" one man had on his T-shirt. And the birther movement was definitely rooted in racism.
I, myself, was disappointed and disheartened by this election season from the get-go. In the primary, I voted for Bernie Sanders. He was heavily favored, but Debbie Wasserman Schultz pulled strings and gave the Democratic nomination to Clinton.
Being in a red state, I knew that Trump would win. So, I used my vote to voice my ideals, instead of just voting for Clinton for the sake of voting against Trump. I took my vote further left, and voted for the Socialist candidate, Emidio "Mimi" Soltysik.
I feel that having Trump in the White House will make the worst of society more socially acceptable. Racially motivated murders will be more commonplace, as will the cover-ups. Same for the LGBT community.
We, on the left, need to stand strong. We need to stand strong against the onslaught of hate and anti-intellectualism. Whoever reads this, please heed my rallying call.
No comments:
Post a Comment